lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 2324 - Failure
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:29:14 GMT

: I think the problem with repeatability here may be this, Chris:
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4020

I agree that LUCENE-4020 is a problem, but honestly i don't think it has
anything to do with this particular bug -- the test never picks a random
timezone from the list of available timezones, it generates random "custom
id" strings (of the GMT+/-\d+ format) and asks TimeZone for it.

: Enforcing these on my machine still didn't result in that original
: error though. I tried on Jenkins though (with the same original JVM)
: and:

Exactly.

the bottom line with that test is that on that machine, sometimes asking
for "GMT-00" would return a diff object then asking for "GMT-00" again 2
ms later -- same "rules" for the object, but a different String "id" value
(even though the javadocs say the ID values will always be normalized)

so we just changed the test to only test that the objects returned have
hte same rules.

-Hoss