lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:03:20 GMT
There is a lingering discussion that comes to mind here:
  Title: Deprecate defaultSearchField and defaultOperator defined in schema.xml
Essentially I committed this to 3x and trunk, trunk was subsequently reverted due to something
else entirely, but before I re-committed to trunk, Yonik pipes in and says he doesn't agree
with their deprecation (no vote up/down though).  So… now what?

Speaking of deprecations, since this may be the last 3.x version, this means now is the time
to send the right message to users on what may go away in a future Solr release.  It's not
clear to me if Solr 4 needs to guarantee compatibility with a Solr 3 configuration file or
just aim for a likely probability of compatibility.

~ David