lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot repositories and ivy.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:55:17 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> Hmm but maven isn't "allows" to depend on snapshots anyway for releases right?
>>
>> So therefore, we should never do this, because it makes trunk un-releasable.
>
> But I'm not talking about releases, I'm talking about trunk. There is
> no way for it to depend on (publicly released) but not final
> dependencies right now. Other than the hack you once committed in,
> that is providing an explicit URL to download something from a known
> location.

Right but trunk should be in releasable state at any time. While ivy
can simply point at any arbitrary URL and get a jar, maven cannot.

We worked hard to clean this up ~ 3.6 timeframe and make it so that we
werent issuing any 'fake maven releases' of any other code...

--
lucidimagination.com