lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1326742 - /lucene/dev/trunk/dev-tools/eclipse/dot.classpath
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:38:02 GMT
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> People who don't use eclipse but still have to fix the classpath file after they changed
ivy.xml. This file is so simple, we can use the ANT fileset and copy over a few lines into
the template file. If I should do it, I will try to do it. The always outdated .classpath
file makes me nervous and I don’t like duplication all over the place. If you could generate
the pom files from the ivy.xml, too, I would offer you a beer crate in Berlin :-)

well i dont mind really either way... I mean that people who don't use
eclipse shouldnt really feel obligated to touch this file, its just a
helper for IDE-users. someone (eclipse-user like myself) will fix it
eventually to make their IDE work.

So adding it to dev-tools was just "hey, here's something, no
warranty, no obligation, may not work, etc" like everything else in
there. If we want to script the jar files, thats fine though, and i
dont think we lose a ton by making it automated (as long as its SIMPLE
and not complicated). The nice thing about the file is that even as an
IDE user i can currently just edit it in vi, etc to fix it.

P.S. be careful about offering me crates of beer for anything, even if
it involves maven :) it might be enough motivation for me to take you
up on it.

--
lucidimagination.com