lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:50:10 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Nicolas Lalevée
<nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org> wrote:

>> The rule we are dealing with goes as follows, stated pseudo-biblically:
>>
>> * No PMC shall publish a JAR file containing modified versions of some
>> other PMC's output unless you change the package names.
>
> Does this apply to any binary release in apache's dist, any tgz ? Or is it just for maven
?

> Nicolas

In our case, the problem was only maven. Because otherwise in the .tgz
no commons-csv jar file exists, except INSIDE the solr.war in the
binary release (along with a few other apache .jar's that actually
make that .war actually work).

Putting someone's jar inside a lib/ folder or war as a dependency is
hardly 'publishing'.

Its maven that requires 'publishing' and that causes all the fuss.

I've tried to explain this over and over again, but maven supporters
just get defensive and claim its not a maven problem: but it is!

--
lucidimagination.com