lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:12:10 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Christian Moen <cm@atilika.com> wrote:
> Hello again Robert,
>
> I've been doing some end-to-end testing on Kuromoji using the release candidate build
and things look good to me.

> I've also done the testing described on SOLR-3282 earlier using a branch_3x build from
last week.  That also looks good.

> I have one legal question:
>
> In Lucene's NOTICE.txt we have a MeCab-IPADIC entry, but I can't find a corresponding
one in Solr's NOTICE.txt.  Is this fine -- or should this also be included as part of the
"Lucene notice"?  (To me it sounds appropriate to also include this in Solr's NOTICE.txt.)

Thanks again Christian: i created

I think for 3.6 its absolutely necessary the smokeTester check this,
so that its not manual inspection.
Solr has too many dependencies to put this burden on the RM to review
that this stuff is in sync by hand.

we can later extend this to modules in 4.0 if we want, or we can do
something else, thats a separate discussion.

--
lucidimagination.com