lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:20:43 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it's a maven project, you do the same thing, patching the pom to
> shade to change the packages if you want, or just changing the
> coordinates.
>
> You publish the results to central via OSSRH under your coordinates.

I think this illustrates Mike's point exactly though? As PMC members
how do we know this was done appropriately?

I have no idea about shade, coordinates, any of that, I understand
search engines pretty well, and the lucene/solr codebase ok. How do
PMC members know that 'fake maven releases' as you describe are any
better than 'fake maven releases' like we had before that caused all
the controversy?

--
lucidimagination.com