lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:40:41 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Martijn v Groningen
<martijn.is.hier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few days ago Cody Young discovered a bug in Solr's distributed grouping
> (SOLR-3316). This bug also occurs in the 3x code.
> I attached a bug fix in the issue. I think it is an important bug fix. Can I
> commit the fix to branch3x or is it already too late?

Hi Martijn, i will have to respin the RC to fix the legal problem that
Christian found anyway, however we shouldnt add any unnecessary
changes at the same time just because i'm respinning, that can
destabilize an otherwise stable release.

On the other hand, if its a blocker bug and the fix is safe, then set
that issue to blocker and we can have more eyes on the patch...

--
lucidimagination.com