lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:32:10 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you know it's done 'appropriately' in your scenario? You could
> have had just as many board members up your nose by using your
> ant/github procedure and depositing the resulting bundle on Apache
> 'dist' as an 'auxiliary binary bundle'.

How so? what would the board members do me?

whats wrong with what i did legally with
https://github.com/rmuir/jetty6-unicode (3.6 solr depends on that).

I forked another project (Welcome to github!) and put up downloads.
ivy downloads from there.

The licensing terms are legit, its not doing any thing sheisty with
apache infrastructure, there are no jars in our source tree.

its just an open source fork of an abandoned project (jetty 6) that i
picked up and patched for unicode bugs. Anyone can use the build.xml
there to recreate it totally from source code.

--
lucidimagination.com