lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:33:21 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Robert: I know
> that IVY also supports downloading from arbitrary URLs, but that is missing
> stability and metadata).

My questions have nothing to do with whether or not we release maven
artifacts (if you read them, you will see that).

Instead I'm asking how we handle bugfixes.

What if we get everything in shape, working very hard and through say
many RCs, finally we produce 4.0 RC #23434343
with fantastic documentation, easy APIs, perfect, etc, etc, .... but
during release testing someone finds a ZooKeeper bug.

Do we just wait (possibly for a long time) until they release, so that
we can? How do we handle patches to third party dependencies.

Nobody right now seems to have any kind of clue how we should handle
this situation with maven and its a serious problem, I don't care how
friendly it is, I don't care how how stable it is, or any of that if
we can't deal with this.

--
lucidimagination.com