lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:32:47 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rob, did you mean 'Benson' by 'you' in that sentence? If so, I'm
> really sorry if I've given you the impression I think that that
> there's anything amiss with 3.6.0. All I meant to say was that, over
> the long haul, if the PMC was very obviously using the dev list to
> plan, manage, and execute many things like what you did with Jetty,
> someone might criticize.

Really ??? But they won't criticize the fact someone put
http://code.google.com/p/language-detection/ into maven central?

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|com.cybozu.labs|langdetect|1.1-20120112|jar

"Borg planet" maven central is somehow "more ok", despite the fact
that my github fork (with its ant download + patch process) is clearly
more legally traceable?

What makes sonatype.com so special? Do they offer legal protection
above and beyond my github fork that I am unaware of?!

--
lucidimagination.com