lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:35:36 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> Its also a good point that what i do on my github account, the apache
>> board has no control over (despite how powerful they might think they
>
> To my best knowledge this is the case, yes. People may not like the
> fact that you re-publish the same code under the same packages but
> there's really no rule that forbids it (and why would there be any)?
>
>> the lucene PMC just ensure we depend upon projects with compatible licenses.
>
> Which doesn't mean we need to be disrespectful to other projects, no
> matter where they originate from. And I think we're not, the quick
> response to commons-csv issue is the best example of this.

But what i do in my github account is totally personal, its open source.

If these projects don't want their code forked... dont offer it up on
github under the Apache 2.0 license?

... this close to forking every single apache project on his github
just to prove the point.

--
lucidimagination.com