lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot repositories and ivy.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:47:16 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> Robert, you don't understand me.
>>
> but can't use this because this repository will not be picked up by
> ivy (on jenkins for example). I also cannot just put the binary JAR to
> the lucene repository. Not to mention the snapshot JAR is a moving
> target so I'd have to reference a particular snapshot version to
> fetch...

I thought you were just testing locally. As far as actually committing
something:

Hmm but maven isn't "allows" to depend on snapshots anyway for releases right?

So therefore, we should never do this, because it makes trunk un-releasable.

--
lucidimagination.com