lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:13:44 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maven does not, in fact, require publication in this case. An
> ephemeral jar can travel into a war or an assembly without ever being
> published.

OK, I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3405: maven
artifacts should match the binary packaging.

Since our binary package doesn't expose all these jars (just ships a
.war), I think the maven artifacts should look the same way.

This means maven artifacts are consistent with our binary releases and
don't expose additional surface area (inner details of war
dependencies).

If things were done like this originally, I think no one would have
gotten upset.

--
lucidimagination.com