lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:28:17 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Christian Moen <> wrote:

> In Lucene's NOTICE.txt we have a MeCab-IPADIC entry, but I can't find a corresponding
one in Solr's NOTICE.txt.  Is this fine -- or should this also be included as part of the
"Lucene notice"?  (To me it sounds appropriate to also include this in Solr's NOTICE.txt.)

Its a real problem: because this IPADIC license requires you have
certain notifications: "PROVIDED that the provisions of Section 3 ("NO
WARRANTY") will ALWAYS appear on, or be attached to, the Program,"

and the LICENSE.txt/NOTICE.txt needs to be at the root of the source
tree (currently solr just duplicates the lucene entries and its
solr/LICENSE.txt and solr/NOTICE.txt is intentionally placed at the
root of the whole sourcetree).

It needs to be fixed: but the question is how to fix it. patching the
solr NOTICE.txt is not acceptable I think, otherwise this will only
happen again... automation is a must here.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message