lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:13:29 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> Really ??? But they won't criticize the fact someone put
>> http://code.google.com/p/language-detection/ into maven central?
>> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|com.cybozu.labs|langdetect|1.1-20120112|jar
>
> I don't think even people who first accused Lucene of releasing
> commons-csv artifacts can address your question here. And I think if
> you published commons-csv on github they'd be equally upset.

Its also a good point that what i do on my github account, the apache
board has no control over (despite how powerful they might think they
are), nor does the lucene pmc have any responsibility over.

the lucene PMC just ensure we depend upon projects with compatible licenses.

--
lucidimagination.com