lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:42:15 GMT
The problem is: duplication of documentation is dangerous and only
creates more work for the RM.

if we start duplicating things like build instructions across both
BUILD.txt and CHANGES.txt, or whole text files, then its only a matter
of time before someone says in the next release vote:

XYZ is mentioned in foo/BUILD.txt but this is inconsistent with
foo/CHANGES.txt or XYZ/BUILD.txt is out of date with respect to
/BUILD.txt

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> It was a suggestion, no critisism. Why do you attack me?
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de