lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrades to jars after moving to ivy.
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:39:38 GMT
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> This is way too much effort for what you will get. effort better spent
>
> Isn't it like adding one line to 'clean' target though?
>
> <delete dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*.jar" />
>
>> removing lib/ and 'copies of jars' totally
>> and instead having ivy just put this in the classpath.
>
> This isn't going to be just about classpaths -- it's going to be about
> packaging, license checks, coordinates of license files wrt JAR files
> etc. I agree it's a larger issue and I'm not pressing for it to happen
> on 3.x, but ''ant clean' seems to be better than nothing and seems
> relatively simple unless I'm missing something.

Right, like reviewing all packaging tasks to see if they ever call
'clean' before they do anything like generate maven artifacts or
create binary distribution packages.
Because if this happens, then the binary distribution is screwed. I'm
not willing to risk it.

--
lucidimagination.com