lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:10:39 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
>> How do we handle situations like
>> (open for 5 years,
>> still not incorporated in a release), without doing hackish things
>> (releasing someone elses code, sucking their entire codebase into
>> ours), or relying upon Uwe Schindler to come up with some clever
>> workaround?
> As far as I can tell, you have exactly the same issues solving this
> issue with and without Maven.

I don't think thats really the case at all. If i want to release a
patched jar with ivy its pretty trivial.

I simply make a project in github or google code with a build.xml that
downloads their code, patches it, and produces the patched result. its
still an open source project: its basically a fork. I put the binaries
i generate under Downloads and point ivy directly at that jar.

How to do this with maven?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message