lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:47:07 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
>> Instead I'm asking how we handle bugfixes.
>
> This is a real problem. I've gone through this with recent updates to
> randomizedtesting package. There is
> no "clean" way of integrating a snapshot build or an interim package.

Thank you! This is all i was bringing up all along.

Its not pro-maven, its not anti-maven. Its "we have to be able to do this".

We depend upon 144 jars (as of 'ant resolve' ; find -name "*.jar" | wc
-l), we are bound to find bugs, and some might really completely make
solr unusable or something like that. I just want us to have an
agreed-upon process: "here is how we do this, that isnt dirty"

--
lucidimagination.com