lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 10:43:04 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> - URGENT: Our change to IVY is nowhere noted in CHANGES.txt!!! This is a major problem,
as this is a huge change and people used to building Lucene from source only looking into
CHANGES.txt will fail to build without inspecting BUILD.txt. We have changes entries for the
refactoring of the build directory structure (by Steven), but not for the Ivy change. Very
bad! We must at least tell people about that in the release notes, otherwise -1.

This information is in BUILD.txt, which is where the instructions for
building are.
People building need to look at BUILD.txt, thats what this file exists for.
We don't need to duplicate documentation across *BOTH* build.txt and
changes.txt, thats ridiculous.

--
lucidimagination.com