lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:50:53 GMT
On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Read 3 lines below the comment you replied to:
> My idea was to place all those text files (BUILD.txt, NOTICE.txt,...) into the SVN root
(directly under trunk), remove them from Lucene/Solr/modules subfolders. Then simply instruct
the ZIP/TGZ tasks to add those files as a separate fileset to the root of *every* created
archive.

> Does this sound like a plan? No duplication in the source, but every ZIP/TGZ file (if
its src or bin doesn’t matter) gets all legal information and build instructions (for src
only).

Its absolutely not a plan. Because then lucene has shit in its
LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt that don't apply to it.

--
lucidimagination.com