lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:31:14 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:

> The issue with such poms is that once you want to publish your stuff
> to maven central it won't work (because all dependencies must be
> available and there is no "local" repository).

This is the problem I am asking about.

I don't care about local maven builds or any of that. I care about
release artifacts.

If we have a buggy dependency, i can easily tweak ant+ivy (even ant by
itself) to download its source, patch it, and use it.
I can generate lucene-4.0-src.tgz, solr-4.0-src.tgz, lucene-4.0.zip,
etc etc with this.

How will the stuff in the maven/ folder work? will it work at all?

(for reference, here is a release candidate to see what i mean:
http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.6RC1-rev1310449/)

--
lucidimagination.com