lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] codec not registered?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:46:55 GMT
Since your test uses PerFieldPostingsFormat, its going to write the
name of your format "PForDelta" into the index and expects to be able
to load it via the SPI mechanism.

So I think you should register your PForDeltaPostingsFormat in
lucene/core/src/resources/META-INF/services/org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat
so that the SPI mechanism is able to look it up by name.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Han Jiang <jianghan08@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just immitated the MockFixedIntBlock and wrote a simple postings format,
> but when I tried to use "ant test", it told me that:
>  "A SPI class of type org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat with name
> 'PForDelta' does not exist."
> Details are here: http://pastebin.com/EQDLwrn2
>
> To reproduce the error, you can use the patch and run "mytest-min" under
> trunk/lucene.
>
> It is strange that the error happens when calling "writer.close()", and no
> error will occur if I change to an existing postings format. What did I
> missed?
>
> Billy
>
> --
> Han Jiang