lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mikhail Khludnev <mkhlud...@griddynamics.com>
Subject Re: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/WritingDistributedSearchComponents
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:41:09 GMT
Btw, I always wanted to ask why it's always done in two stages. It seems to
me that it's purposed for the specific usecase. But shouldn't we have an
option to do it in the single stage? eg. if I have a few fields to retrieve
and not really deep paging, I'd like to retrieve whole fl-s and merge them
by PKs.

Benson,
Thanks for contributing the doc for community. I spend a lot of time to get
into that machinery on my own.

Regards