lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:32:39 GMT
> Its also a good point that what i do on my github account, the apache
> board has no control over (despite how powerful they might think they

To my best knowledge this is the case, yes. People may not like the
fact that you re-publish the same code under the same packages but
there's really no rule that forbids it (and why would there be any)?

> the lucene PMC just ensure we depend upon projects with compatible licenses.

Which doesn't mean we need to be disrespectful to other projects, no
matter where they originate from. And I think we're not, the quick
response to commons-csv issue is the best example of this.

Dawid