lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: hudson hung
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:59:05 GMT
> Can we somehow fix our tests / Jenkins to detect hangs and kill/fail...?

It's built in in the runner actually but not enabled... I'd have to
play with it first to see if everything works fine (it should!), but
feel free to do some testing -- add

@Timeout(millis=?)

to LuceneTestCase and each test will expire after a given time (with
all of its thread group's threads being interrupted first and then
stopped if this doesn't help).

> We can do something simple, like no console output for more than 30 minutes...

"no console output" is actually not that simple (say if a test
redirects System.out to an internal buffer for some reason)? I think
an explicit (largeish) timeout is a better idea. I'm sure Jenkins has
something like it built-in too, but haven't investigated.

Dawid