lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Snapshot repositories and ivy.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:45:10 GMT
> Hmm but maven isn't "allows" to depend on snapshots anyway for releases right?
>
> So therefore, we should never do this, because it makes trunk un-releasable.

But I'm not talking about releases, I'm talking about trunk. There is
no way for it to depend on (publicly released) but not final
dependencies right now. Other than the hack you once committed in,
that is providing an explicit URL to download something from a known
location.

Dawid

P.S. In maven if you have a snapshot (interim) build it can depend on
other snapshot artefacts. In fact, these are typically automatically
updated to their newest version available in their source repository
so you get something like "continuous integration". It can have up and
downsides (hard to track what dependencies a particular build used for
instance).