lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Snapshot repositories and ivy.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:40:10 GMT
Robert, you don't understand me.

For example I made a tiny tweak to randomizedrunner, so version 1.0.0
in maven repo is too old for me:

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting%22%20AND%20a%3A%22randomizedtesting-runner%22

at the same time there is a "snapshot" build at sonatype:

https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/carrotsearch/randomizedtesting/randomizedtesting-runner/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

but can't use this because this repository will not be picked up by
ivy (on jenkins for example). I also cannot just put the binary JAR to
the lucene repository. Not to mention the snapshot JAR is a moving
target so I'd have to reference a particular snapshot version to
fetch...

I can work around this locally and sure, I can release a public maven
release but doing this for every single tiny tweak will, well
horrible.

Dawid