lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <>
Subject Re: Upgrades to jars after moving to ivy.
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:36:39 GMT
> This is way too much effort for what you will get. effort better spent

Isn't it like adding one line to 'clean' target though?

<delete dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*.jar" />

> removing lib/ and 'copies of jars' totally
> and instead having ivy just put this in the classpath.

This isn't going to be just about classpaths -- it's going to be about
packaging, license checks, coordinates of license files wrt JAR files
etc. I agree it's a larger issue and I'm not pressing for it to happen
on 3.x, but ''ant clean' seems to be better than nothing and seems
relatively simple unless I'm missing something.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message