lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Upgrades to jars after moving to ivy.
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:36:39 GMT
> This is way too much effort for what you will get. effort better spent

Isn't it like adding one line to 'clean' target though?

<delete dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*.jar" />

> removing lib/ and 'copies of jars' totally
> and instead having ivy just put this in the classpath.

This isn't going to be just about classpaths -- it's going to be about
packaging, license checks, coordinates of license files wrt JAR files
etc. I agree it's a larger issue and I'm not pressing for it to happen
on 3.x, but ''ant clean' seems to be better than nothing and seems
relatively simple unless I'm missing something.

D.