lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:40:20 GMT
> Instead I'm asking how we handle bugfixes.

This is a real problem. I've gone through this with recent updates to
randomizedtesting package. There is
no "clean" way of integrating a snapshot build or an interim package.
With maven the integration can be done via snapshot repositories
(there are drawbacks like moving targets for builds, but I'm not going
to go there). With ivy the same can be done, but you need to
physically publish a JAR somewhere (and what, keep it forever? until
the next update?).

I don't have any good ideas how to solve this but I see the advantage
of just storing a versioned binary in the project's repo...

D.