lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:19:35 GMT
> copying them to the maven servers can be done completely without maven (at

This is true but doing it via maven (that is: compiling and testing
with actual dependencies) helps you to ensure it really is a usable
artefact. I've been doing tricks like building a JAR in ANT and then
simply attaching it to a POM but this sucks in the long run as you
need to hand-check POMs every time. Think of a parallel maven build as
an automated test suite :)

As always, there is a drawback -- maven-compiled JARs will be
different from those compiled using other tools (timestamps, possibly
manifest entries if I remember correctly).

Dawid