lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Ant version for building Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:10:14 GMT
>> That's not what I meant.  I meant why don't we test against Ant 1.8 and make *that*
the version we recommend?  It is the latest Ant release, after all.

> Someone has to do the work, thats all. It would be nice in my opinion,
> we would also have some new features available.

For what it's worth I'm using the latest Ant (1.8.x) under mac, linux
(ubuntu) and windows. Didn't go through every scenario Robert
mentioned but everything I did go through works for me. Mike
experienced truncated logs with 1.8, I experienced messed up stack
traces with 1.7. 1.7 also has terrible resource collections
performance. There are pros and cons to both I guess.

I'm for switching to 1.8. I can do at least some checks that Robert
mentioned if this is needed.

> Does everything work correctly on different platforms people use
> (windows, unix, mac)?

Works for me ;) Feel free to add what needs to be checked here --

I'll go through these in my spare cycles.

Dawid

Dawid