lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:28:12 GMT
>> And now you hit the nail on the head. Because your 'option 2'
>> (download+patch) with ivy doesnt involve 'publishing'. we just
>> download and patch.

You can take a look at Google Caliper -- they used maven for building
but required
JARs that were inside the project (not on maven central). The build
followed what Benson suggested -- deployment to a local maven
repository, then maven pulled the dependency from there and didn't
look any further.

I think they moved on to officially available JARs since it was like I
described though.

The issue with such poms is that once you want to publish your stuff
to maven central it won't work (because all dependencies must be
available and there is no "local" repository).

Dawid