lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: Snapshot repositories and ivy.
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 18:18:04 GMT
> Right but trunk should be in releasable state at any time. While ivy

I think you're being idealistic. What if there is a critical issue in
one of the dependencies that needs to be addressed before an official
release of that dependency? Like the patched commons-csv? I'm guessing
you want to put that JAR somewhere on the web and then point to it
from ivy.xml, right?

> can simply point at any arbitrary URL and get a jar, maven cannot.

Everything can be done, it's just a matter of how long it's going to
take and how much trickery must be involved. Oh, and I'm not defending
Maven :)

> We worked hard to clean this up ~ 3.6 timeframe and make it so that we
> werent issuing any 'fake maven releases' of any other code...

I know this, but this is not helping me solve me issue. So - I have an
interim JAR that I'd like to use in a non-released Lucene trunk. The
best solution so far seems to be to:

1) put the JAR on the web somewhere,
2) modify ivy.xml and provide an explicit URL to that JAR.

Am I right?

Dawid