lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: carrot2 clustering in trunk uses OLDER jackson than 3.x?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 17:02:05 GMT
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> I'm afraid I'll have to say no to this.
>
> Carrot2 depends on many external libraries (much like Solr). You have
> the freedom (or not) of shading or obfuscating or repackaging. Even
> overriding with an explicit version of a given library as much as it's
> API compatible with what the POM declares.

Dawid,

I don't think that you (carrot as a library) should do any shading. I
think that when someone prepares a Solr component including carrot,
that they should avoid dependencies that possibly conflict. Jackson is
a particular risk factor, since 'minor' versions are mutually
incompatible, so the presence of Jackson x.y precludes the use of some
other package that requires jackson x.z.

-benson