lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:35:37 GMT
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> On 4/27/2012 at 9:10 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>> 1: Should the Lucene PMC publish maven artifacts at all?
>>
>> - There seems to remain a consensus of the community: "Yes".
>
> Not really: consensus means unanimous agreement.

No, consensus means no one chooses to block consensus. And since Maven
is in place, it would take a decision by consensus to remove it.
However, at the end of the day, that's for you all to decide.

> The rest of your points, Benson, confuse Maven issues around 3rd party artifacts with
project governance issues; I won't address them here.

I'm trying to remove confusion. Much email has been sent on the
premise that Maven specially and uniquely raises certain IP and policy
issues. It doesn't. It does offer some constraints and opportunities
for coping with these issues.

However, if I'm not being helpful, and it seems that I'm not, I'll
return to lurking.

--benson