lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Mentors for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:32:01 GMT
Hi,

We have a few GSoC issues where a student has shown interest but no
mentor has yet volunteered:

  * LUCENE-3907 (fix edge/ngram tokenizers)

  * LUCENE-3312 (break out StorableField)

  * LUCENE-2357 (use packed ints to hold mapped merge docs) -- not
    really sure that last comment is from a GSoCer but maybe...

If anyone out there can be a mentor for these issues please go say so
on the issue!

Students only have 3 more days to finish their proposals...

We already have these two potential projects:

  * LUCENE-2026 (refactor IndexWriter), Simon volunteered as mentor

  * LUCENE-3892 (PForDelta codec), I volunteered as mentor

Thanks,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com