lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:11:20 GMT
> for Solr, as an application, maybe we should just be making a massive
> solr.jar anyway for the binary release that you java -jar (leaving the
> webapp as an implementation detail or something):

The solr application is solr.war (not .jar) -- we can safely dump
whatever hacked/patched jar files into the .war and that is fine.

The solr.jar is often used by other applications as a library.

FWIW, I see no reason to publish the .war file in the maven repo:
http://people.apache.org/~rmuir/staging_area/lucene-solr-3.6RC1-rev1310449/solr/maven/org/apache/solr/solr/3.6.0/
but I don't think it really matters one way or the other

ryan