lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Vaijanath Rao <>
Subject Help with Scorer
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:56:31 GMT

I am currently facing a problem with the scorer.  What I want is to add
score to original score based on the certain logic.

Here is snippet for the code

public class AddAdditioanlWeight extends Weight {

    private Query internalQuery = null;
    private Scorer subScorer =null;
    private Weight internalWeight = null;

  public AddAdditioanlWeight(Searcher searcher, Query query) throws
IOException {
     this.internalQuery = query;
     internalWeight = query.createWeight(searcher); // create weight based
on the originalQuery

    public Query getQuery() {
        return null;

    public float getValue() {
        return 0;

    public void normalize(float arg0) {

    public AdditionalScorer scorer(IndexReader reader, boolean
scoreDocsInOrder, boolean topScorer) throws IOException {
        subScorer = internalWeight.scorer(reader, scoreDocsInOrder,
        // I get the subScorer as null for termQuery or PhraseQuery and

The problem I am running into is that the subScorer is always null can
someone help me in figuring out issue with my snippet code.

--Thanks and Regards

I am feeling fine, healthier and Happier, what about you

View raw message