lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Male <gento...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:42:38 GMT
I'm with Steve here, -1.  I think the arguments have already been well
articulated and the issue seems to be about dependency management in
general not just about Maven.  However I also absolutely agree with Robert
that we need to make this easier somehow.

One thing I thought, is there any way we can get our own repo? In
organisations that use Maven for their projects, that's how they tend to
handle this situation.  They have their own repo for dependencies they need
to manage and they use repo1 for the rest.   As an ASF project, do we get
any help in this regards?