lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 22:05:07 GMT

On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> Its too late to discuss this issue for 3.6

+1. We don't even know *what* will end up happening on trunk until 4 is released. Let's not
get all bent out of shape here when we might undeprecate it and then just remove it later
anyway. I believe there is a wiki release errata type page that we can use to clarify if we
need to. Otherwise the worst that happens is that some people move to using the params rather
than the xml files - no big deal. If we end up removing it, they are good. If we don't, they
are still good. This is a tiny issue that I don't believe will change any of the votes already
given.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com