lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:30:27 GMT

On Apr 23, 2012, at 1:00 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> if you want a second volunteer to care and feed you have me.

I do feel better the more people that are contributing - at the same time that scares me too
;) The world moves closer and closer to where I *must* eventually contribute to these maven
things.

I just would rather not. If the dev community (given their own thoughts and others) wants
to support Maven though, then it just it was it is. We can't all be happy about everything
;)

I'd rather not have to worry about Maven as a PMC member or as a committer though. I'd much
prefer that it was downstream and my vote will reflect that. But if the majority of us would
vote to keep around Maven, I respect that.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com