lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Høydahl (Commented) (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-3347) deleteByQuery failing with SolrCloud
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:43:17 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3347?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13251507#comment-13251507
] 

Jan Høydahl commented on SOLR-3347:
-----------------------------------

Benson, here are a few friendly suggestions for working with JIRA and patches :) (ref http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute)

Please use the JIRA "Comment" feature instead of editing the main description. The main description
should be kept as a short problem description only, not involving solution...

Also, any potential patch should be in SVN diff format from project root and named SOLR-NNNN.patch,
i.e. SOLR-3347.patch. JIRA will keep track of which is the newest one.
                
> deleteByQuery failing with SolrCloud
> ------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-3347
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3347
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: SolrCloud
>            Reporter: Benson Margulies
>         Attachments: 0001-Attempt-to-repro-problem-with-del-and-SolrCloud.patch, provision-and-start.sh,
schema.xml, solrconfig.xml
>
>
> I've got a SolrCloud configuration in which calling deleteByQuery on CloudSolrServer
never works. The log looks plausible, but the documents never leave. 
> Since I typed this up the first time, I tried using a completely stock solrconfig.xml;
I see the same problem. I've also used my provisioning script to launch a vanilla set of 'example'
shards, that also works. So my attention is drawn, by seeming process of elimination, to my
schema.xml, which is also attached.
> I've watched the process in the debugger when just using post.jar on simple XML files
with the delete on *:* and the commit, and the dbqlevel in DistributedUpdateProcessor never
gets to 3.
> I'm going to attach a number of things. One is a unit test that passes, sadly. Someone
might like some small improvements in there in the cloud test classes, even if you don't bother
with the test itself.
> I can now attach a 'freeze-dried' example of this problem. The root of the tarball has
a shell script: start-cloud.sh:
> {noformat}
> sh start-cloud.sh 8983 3
> {noformat}
> You can then observe some documents in the index.
> If you then run:
> {noformat}
> sh del.sh http://localhost:8983/solr/update
> {noformat}
> you will observe, I hope, that the documents are still there.
> The solrconfig.xml in the three shards (and the zoo_data, by extension) is an exact copy
of that from the 'example' directory. The schema.xml is mine.
> The file is too big to attach, so I am copying it to people.apache.org:~bimargulies/del-test-case.tgz.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

       

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message