lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:10:02 GMT
On 4/23/2012 at 5:58 PM, Robert Muir wrote:
> I feel that currently, there is no option (maven limits us here).
> I'm not sure if thats due to actual technical limitations in maven,
> or just because its complicated or unconventional or whatever, but
> I don't think we should let maven hold us back here.

The workflow for publishing third-party bugfix Maven artifacts:

1. Either change the source package names, or not.

2. Patch and build.

3. Publish to Sonatype's OSS repo using a different groupId.

How exactly does this "hold us back"?

AFAICT, the *only* difference Maven brings is wide use of its repository.  (That is, there
is a greater likelihood that other people will notice what we have done and possibly take
exception to it.)

Steve