lucene-dev mailing list archives

From DM Smith <dmsmith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Build/deploy Maven artifacts outside of Lucene/Solr
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:39:43 GMT
Responding to the thread as a whole, having read it with great interest.

I'd be interested to know what packagers for distributions such as
debian and fedora do with systems that patch 3rd party dependencies.

I'll guess that if it is internalized as mentioned below that there is
no problem.

But I have no idea what would be the case if one were to say that
such-and-so part of Lucene did not work with a 3rd party external
dependency (say icu) unless it were patched in a particular way.

BTW, fedora 16 has lucene 2.9.4 and does not have solr. Looks like F17
will have the same. I'd also be interested to know why they don't have
3.x or solr.

-- DM