lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Looking at SOLR-2724 and SOLR-3161
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:12:51 GMT
I notice that SOLR-2724 and SOLR-3161 are in the CHANGES.txt for 3.6.0,
but that they both got reverted on trunk.  Are there plans to put them
back in trunk in a possibly altered form?  I like the general direction
that David Smiley is going, as long as the client API keeps up.

If I follow all the recommendations I've seen in relation to these
issues, I will only have request handlers that start with / and I won't
be using the qt parameter.  This is fine, except that the only way I've
found in SolrJ to specify another handler (such as /edgruberman) is by
using CommonParams.QT ... does this alter the URL path, or just insert a
qt= parameter?  I suspect that it's the latter, which means that there
is a possibility that the request could fail with a potentially
confusing error message, given the requirements in SOLR-3161.

Is there another SolrJ API for specifying a request handler that somehow
has escaped my attention?

Thanks,
Shawn