lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: Lucene/Solr 3.6
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:42:30 GMT

On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:22 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:
>> There is a lingering discussion that comes to mind here:
>>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2724
>>  Title: Deprecate defaultSearchField and defaultOperator defined in schema.xml
>> Essentially I committed this to 3x and trunk, trunk was subsequently reverted due
to something else entirely,

> I don't think it was entirely unrelated, if my memory serves, this was
> last minute shoving at midnight before the code freeze (without
> running tests) that broke the build.

This didn't break the build but triggered SOLR-3292 which wasn't tested.  Yes it was last
minute, although the issue already had discussion.

>> but before I re-committed to trunk, Yonik pipes in and says he doesn't agree with
their deprecation (no vote up/down though).  So… now what?

> you undeprecate it in 4.0.

So it stays deprecated in 3.6 but not deprecated in 4.x? That doesn't sound right. Perhaps
someone with specific comments about SOLR-2724 should add to this discussion.

~ David