lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Java on my Mac and IntelliJ
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:19:28 GMT
Same happened here. The installer removes 1.5 and 1.5.0 folders and replaces with softlink
to the new JDK.
Luckily I named my 1.5 JDK as 1.5.0_30 so it was still there, the only thing needed was add
the softlinks.

sudo su
cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions
rm 1.5.0 1.5
ln -s 1.5.0_30 1.5.0
ln -s 1.5.0_30 1.5

Here's a (french) blog post containing a script to automatically instal Java5 on Lion: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.arkey.fr%2F2011%2F08%2F22%2Fscript-pour-installer-le-jdk-5-sur-macosx-lion%2F

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com