lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James Dyer (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-3360) Problem with DataImportHandler multi-threaded
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:38:18 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3360?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13254765#comment-13254765
] 

James Dyer commented on SOLR-3360:
----------------------------------

Claudio,

Thanks for reporting this.  Was this working prior with 3.5?  (We did some work with the "threads"
feature in 3.6, so it'd be helpful to know if this is a new bug).  

Also, can you try it (1) without any transformers and (2) with just the parent entity (take
out the sub-entities).  Do you get 10,000 or 1,000 ?  This might help in diagnosing any maybe
solving this problem.

Finally, you may want to be aware that 3.6 is the last release that will support the DIH "threads"
feature.  It simply had too many bugs and was too difficult to maintain to keep it in.  But
we did try and fix as many bugs for 3.6 as we could.  Possibly in "fixing" what we could,
we introduced this as a new problem?
                
> Problem with DataImportHandler multi-threaded
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-3360
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3360
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 3.6
>         Environment: Solr 3.6.0, Apache Tomcat 6.0.20, jdk1.6.0_15, Windows XP
>            Reporter: Claudio R
>
> Hi,
> If I use dataimport with 1 thread, I got:
> <lst name="statusMessages">
>    <str name="Total Requests made to DataSource">5001</str>
>    <str name="Total Rows Fetched">1000</str>
>    <str name="Total Documents Skipped">0</str>
>    <str name="Full Dump Started">2012-04-16 11:21:57</str>
>    <str name="">Indexing completed. Added/Updated: 1000 documents. Deleted 0 documents.</str>
>    <str name="Committed">2012-04-16 11:23:19</str>
>    <str name="Total Documents Processed">1000</str>
>    <str name="Time taken">0:1:22.390</str>
> </lst>
> If I use datamport with 10 threads, I got:
> <lst name="statusMessages">
>    <str name="Total Requests made to DataSource">0</str>
>    <str name="Total Rows Fetched">10000</str>
>    <str name="Total Documents Skipped">0</str>
>    <str name="Full Dump Started">2012-04-16 11:31:43</str>
>    <str name="">Indexing completed. Added/Updated: 10000 documents. Deleted 0 documents.</str>
>    <str name="Committed">2012-04-16 11:41:50</str>
>    <str name="Total Documents Processed">10000</str>
>    <str name="Time taken">0:10:7.586</str>
> </lst>
> The configuration of 10 threads consumed 10 times longer than the configuration with
1 thread.
> I have 1000 records in the database.
> My db-data-config.xml is shown below:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <dataConfig>
>    <dataSource driver="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" url="jdbc:sqlserver://200.XXX.XXX.XXX:1433;databaseName=test"
user="user" password="pass"/>
>       <document>
>          <entity name="indice" rootEntity="true" threads="10" transformer="RegexTransformer,TemplateTransformer"
query="select top 1000 i.id_indice, i.a, i.b from indice i where i.status = 'I'" deltaImportQuery="i.id_indice,
i.a, i.b from indice i where id_indice in ('${dataimporter.delta.id_indice}')" deltaQuery="select
id_indice from indice where status='I' and data_hora_modificacao >= convert(datetime, '${dataimporter.last_index_time}',
120)" deletedPkQuery="select id_indice from indice where status='D' and data_hora_modificacao
>= convert(datetime, '${dataimporter.last_index_time}', 120)">	
>             <field column="id_indice" name="id_indice" />
>             <field column="a" name="a" />
>             <field column="b" name="b" />
>             <entity name="filtro" transformer="RegexTransformer,TemplateTransformer"
query="select categoria, sub_categoria from filtro where indice_id_indice = '${indice.id_indice}'">
>                <field name="filtro_categoria" column="categoria" />
>                <field name="filtro_sub_categoria" column="sub_categoria" />
>                <field name="nv_sub_categoria" column="nv_sub_categoria" template="${filtro.categoria}|${filtro.sub_categoria}"
/>
>             </entity>
>             <entity name="pagina_relacionada" query="select url from pagina_relacionada
where indice_id_indice = '${indice.id_indice}'">
>                <field name="pagina_relacionada_url" column="url" />
>             </entity>
>             <entity name="veja_mais" query="select chamada, url from veja_mais where
indice_id_indice = '${indice.id_indice}'">
>                <field name="veja_mais_chamada" column="chamada" />
>                <field name="veja_mais_url" column="url" />
>             </entity>
>             <entity name="video" query="select url from video where indice_id_indice
= '${indice.id_indice}'">
>                <field name="video_url" column="url" />
>             </entity>
>             <entity name="galeria" query="select url from galeria where indice_id_indice
= '${indice.id_indice}'">
>                <field name="galeria_url" column="url" />
>             </entity>
>          </entity>
>       </document>
> </dataConfig>
> Thanks.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message